Be a leader who mentors and motivates others.
Gain dive knowledge, supervision abilities, and become a role model to divers around the world.
This is the beginning of your career in the diving industry.
PADI Divemaster Course
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities.
This course normally takes 6-12 months to complete. You will choose an instructor to be your mentor, and assist in the class, pool, and ocean whenever you can. The more courses and trips you assist with, the more you will get out of the course!
Minimum Age: 18 years old
Minimum Certification: PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent
Prerequisites: 40 logged dives, CPR and first aid certification within 24 months
Medical: each Divemaster candidate must be medically cleared to dive by a physician
Stop by the shop for information on schedules, course materials, pricing, and gear!
Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
-Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs