JOIN US ON THE TRIP OF A LIFETIME TO THE WEST COAST OF VANCOUVER ISLAND
This trip is currently sold out! If you'd like to be added to the waitlist, please select the "Waitlist" option and we'll be in touch if a spot opens up.
Barkley Sound is on the West Coast of Vancouver Island, with Bamfield to the south, Ucluelet to the west, and Port Alberni to the north. The Broken Islands group in the west are part of the Pacific Rim National Park.
Rendezvous Dive Lodge is located in Rainy Bay, 2hrs from Port Alberni, and is accessed only by boat or float plane.
The lodge in Rainy Bay is fully equipped with:
- 5 double occupancy bedrooms
- Dining room
- Living room
- Camera room
- Charging stations
In the mornings, enjoy a fantastic breakfast cooked by the hosts and watch the otters play on the dock, seals and sealions, and hummingbirds. After an amazing day of diving around Barkley Sound and a phenomenal lunch and dinner, you can sit on the deck and watch the sun set over Rainy Bay.
ABOVE THE SURFACE
In Barkley Sound, a maze of islands offers stunning landscapes composed of old-growth forests and lush vegetation.
Rainy Bay is remote and in the middle of nature, so you can expect to see whales, otters, eagles, bears, and hummingbirds above water. Occasionally, whales will swim right in front of the lodge.
BELOW THE SURFACE
Great visibility in the fall & winter, paired with a rich ecology and stunning topography makes Barkley Sound some of the best diving in British Columbia.
Below the surface, you'll be greeted by fields of plumose anemones, kelp forests, and walls covered in macro life. The locals include juvenile wolfeels, sealions, octopus, ratfish, and occasionally even sixgill sharks!
THE DIVE SITES
Depending on the time of year, the dive sites that can be accessed vary.
- Kyen point
- Renate Reef
- Chup Point
- House Reef (right off their dock!)
5 Boat Dives, 1 Shore Dive
Meals, Snacks, Non-Alcoholic Drinks (except on evening of arrival)
Use of Facilities: Kayaks, Hottub, Camera Room, etc.
Tanks & Air Fills
Minimum Certification: PADI Advanced Open Water (or equivalent)
Recent Cold Water Diving Experience Required
Friday, August 26th:
- On the way down to Port Alberni, stop for a shore dive at Nanoose Bay or Comox
- Grab lunch and food for dinner in Port Alberni
- Meet the Rendezvous boat in Port Alberni at 4pm
- 2 hour boat ride to the lodge in Rainy Bay
- Dinner (not provided for the first day)
- Kayaks, hottub, hanging out
Saturday, August 27th:
- Breakfast at 8am
- 2-3 boat dives around Barkley Sound
- Lunch provided between dives
- Optional evening dive off the dock at House Reef
- Dinner at 7pm
- Kayaks, hottub, hanging out
Sunday, August 28th:
- Breakfast at 7am
- 2 morning boat dives around Barkley Sound
- Pack up at the lodge
- Head back to Port Alberni with lunch on the boat
- Arrive in Port Alberni around 4pm and drive home
If 50% deposit is chosen, the remainder of the cost must be paid no less than 3 weeks before the trip date
- If cancelled >2 weeks before the trip, full refund minus 5% admin fee, as per the Rendezvous Dive Adventures' operation policy.
- If cancelled <2 weeks before the trip, no refund unless the spot is filled. If the spot is filled, a full refund will be issued.
- It is highly recommended by Rendezvous Dive Adventures that each person purchases trip or other insurance that covers cancellation and other events related to the trip
Photos thanks to Peter Mieras and Kathy Johnson of Rendezvous Dive Adventures, and Shannon Groenewegen